I am back with not one, but TWO tags to do! Many thanks, Maya!
First up is the Imaginary Assistant Tag!
- Thank the person who tagged you and link back to their blog. The lovely Maya at Maya’s Magic Musings tagged me for this. Thanks again, Maya!
- Link back to the creator of the tag. Aberdeen the Authosaurus was the creator of this very fun tag.
- Tag 5-10 bloggers who need assistants (and if they don’t need them, tag them anyway).
- Please answer the questions to the author assistant agency can find the right assistant for you.
Allllll righty, here are the questions!
1 – What type of creature/species would you like your assistant to be (human, animal, dragon, dinosaur, figment of your imagination, etc.) and why?
Well…human. Because then I can easily communicate with her instead of having to jump through a bunch of hoops and learn Dragonese or Dinosaur-speak or…whatever other languages other non-human assistants might have. XD
2 – What do you want your assistant to look like?
I’d like my assistant to be a female teenager, about 5’6″ with long red hair and green eyes. (Don’t ask why I chose those hair and eye colorings. I just did. 🙂 ) Also, it’s be really cool if she wore tall, lace-up boots, an Elf cloak, and a bow and quiver of arrows on her back. Because you never know when you’re going to run into fire-breathing bears while exploring the prairies of the Midwest. 😉
3 – What qualities are you looking for in an assistant (responsible, lovable, exasperating, etc.)?
In my assistant, I would like the firm loyalty of Sam Gamgee. I’d also like her to be kind, humorous, lovable, responsible, faithful, and trustworthy. Additionally, a good work ethic and strong faith in God would be desirable.
4 – What job(s) would your assistant be in charge of?
She would remind me to get back to the keyboard and write, provide honest and helpful feedback on my writing, help me power through writer’s block, provide ideas for my novels, and remind me that God is always in control no matter what. Additionally, she would help lighten my mood when I’m down in the dumps. And she’d be in charge of fundraising so that I can go to Realm Makers. 😉
5 – What would you like your assistant to be named?
Oh goodness, I have such a hard time picking names for characters I imagine. I suppose her name would be Skye because I currently love that name. It doesn’t matter what her middle and last names are.
6 – What would you feed your assistant (candy, books, pickles, etc.)?
Oh, she would LOVE books. I would feed her mind and imagination with great books. 😉 But for necessary sustenance (i.e., food), I’d feed her whatever my family was having for dinner. She’d especially love apple pie, so I’d make sure she got that regularly.
7 – How would you pay your assistant and what benefits would you offer as compensation for their work?
Well, I can’t afford to pay her with money. She helps me out because she wants to and likes me. 🙂 But, she would have the benefits of free books, alpha/beta reading for me, accompanying me to super fun events, and being my friend. 🙂
8 – What special abilities would your like your assistant to have (ice powers to freeze writer’s block, super strength to break writer’s block, super stupidity to stare at you while you’re having writer’s blog, etc.)?
OOH, super strength to break writer’s block for sure! She’d also be great with fantastical weaponry (because that’s just awesome).
9 – Where would you like your assistant to be from (Jurassic Park, Narnia, your head, etc.)?
Middle-earth. Then she could tell me about what life’s like in my favorite fantasy world, and she could take me there for vacations (provided that there’s no orc-slaying involved).
10 – Will you solemnly swear not to fire your assistant in sickness or health, for richer or poorer, smarter or stupider, writing or not writing, for as long as you both shall live?
How could I fire her? She’d be amazing!
Here are the questions for easy copying and pasting:
- What type of creature/species would you like your assistant to be (human, animal, dragon, dinosaur, figment of your imagination, etc.) and why?
- What do you want your assistant to look like?
- What qualities are you looking for in an assistant (responsible, lovable, exasperating, etc.)?
- What job(s) would your assistant be in charge of?
- What would you like your assistant to be named?
- What would you feed your assistant (candy, books, pickles, etc.)?
- How would you pay your assistant and what benefits would you offer as compensation for their work?
- What special abilities would your like your assistant to have (ice powers to freeze writer’s block, super strength to break writer’s block, super stupidity to stare at you while you’re having writer’s blog, etc.)?
- Where would you like your assistant to be from (Jurassic Park, Narnia, your head, etc.)?
- Will you solemnly swear not to fire your assistant in sickness or health, for richer or poorer, smarter or stupider, writing or not writing, for as long as you both shall live?
And for this tag, I’m tagging:
Second up is the Sunshine Blogger Award!
Below are the rules for this award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them. Maya also nominated me for this award. Hantanyel, Maya. (“I thank you” in Quenya Elvish 😉 )
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post. *points above*
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
On to Maya’s questions:
1.When people ask you what you are, what do you say?
I am, most importantly, a daughter of King Jesus. A Christian. But I am also a teenager, homeschooler, high-schooler, reader, and writer.
2. What is your favorite number?
I really like the number 15. Also the number 14.
3. What is your favorite language (other than English)?
4. Do you know why this is called the Sunshine Blogger Award?
Sorry, no. I have no idea.
5. How do you say “sunshine” in your favorite language?
“Sunshine” in Sindarin Elvish is “glaw.”
6. What is your favorite Bible verse?
My favorite Bible verse is two verses, 2 Timothy 1:6-7, ESV: “For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” It is a verse that helps me remember to be brave and stand strong in my faith.
7. How many siblings do you have?
I have two siblings, both younger: a brother and a sister.
8. Do you like philosophy?
Honestly, I have no idea because I have never really talked about or studied philosophy.
9. Have you ever been to Broadway?
I have never been to Broadway in New York, but I went to a traveling Broadway production of The Sound of Music in my hometown this spring. It was amazing. The music was wonderful; the acting was phenomenal; the scene and costume changes were amazingly well done, and the show in its entirety was incredible.
10. What is your favorite musical?
Definitely The Sound of Music. But if you’re including Disney in this question…I have to mention Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. So good. 🙂
11. What is the question you’ve always wanted to be asked (and the answer to it)?
I have to mention two questions here that I love to be asked:
“Can you give me some book recommendations?” My dear friend, of course! I wrote a post about it. That is definitely not a comprehensive list, but it’s a good start. 🙂
Secondly, I long to be asked this question, as the jailer did in the book of Acts: “What must I do to be saved?”
To become a child of God and be saved from the sin with which every human is born, you must believe that Jesus is the perfect, completely sinless Son of the One True God. That Jesus came from heaven to earth. That Jesus was born as a baby, lived a sinless life, died on the cross taking all the sins of the world upon himself, was buried for three days, and then came back to life on the third day, defeating death forever. He is ALIVE! Jesus died and rose again for us because he loves us, “not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance (2 Peter 3:9, ESV).” Because of his sacrifice, we can be made right with God and live with Him in heaven forever when we die. He loves you no matter your past, your deeds, or your thoughts, and He wants you to accept the gift of salvation that He offers.
My questions for the nominees:
- What’s the next book up on your TBR, and how many pages is it?
- Do you play any instruments? (If so, which one(s)?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What is a quote from a book that you love?
- In what environment do you feel most creative?
- What was the last movie you watched?
- Do you like bacon?
- Do you have a phone?
- Do you blog on a computer, phone, or other device?
- Do you like thunderstorms?
- You get to pick the family vacation destination. Where do you choose?
For this award, nominating:
YOU! If you like this award, go ahead and steal. Just please drop a comment below with the link to your post so that I can read it! (Sorry for not nominating 11 bloggers…I don’t know that many…) Also, I did just tag a couple of you for another tag, so feel free to skip this one if you don’t want to do it. 🙂
This was fun! Thanks for the tag and nomination, Maya!
Na lû e-govaned vîn (Elvish for “Until next we meet”),