Greetings, everyone! I’m Amelie, a teenage swordmaiden for my King. I hail from the pleasant Midwest armed with the Sword of the Spirit.
I created this blog because I love to write, and this is a way that I can exercise my creative writing side. I hope that the words I pen (well, type) are pleasurable to read.
Here are ten main points about me that you might be interested in knowing:
- I am a homeschooled high-schooler.
- I. Love. Books. (I think my name could be found next to “bibliophile” in the dictionary. Ask anyone who knows me :).
- My favorite movie/book genre is fantasy, hands-down, but I also love historical fiction and the occasional clean contemporary read as well.
- My favorite authors include, but are in no way limited to, J.R.R Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, S.D. Smith, Wayne Thomas Batson, Andrew Peterson, and Gillian Bronte Adams.
- I love to write, and I dream of being an author someday.
- Jesus is my King and Savior. My favorite Bible verse is 2 Timothy 1:6-7.
- I’m an introvert (although I do have an extroverted side that comes out occasionally, so maybe I’m an ambivert?)
- I’m a fangirl! It shows especially when it comes to The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and my favorite books.
- I love learning new words, and then I try to use those words in conversation as much as possible. 🙂
- I love my friends, family, and good, fun, wholesome conversations. Also coffee and chocolate.
- I love making lists. (Yep, I loved making this one 😉 )
Here on the blog, you can expect writing about books, faith, culture, life, and more (and maybe a little fangirling ;). My goal is to write for the blog
very consistently at least once a week. However, because I am a journeyer in these little adventures called “life” and “high school,” I may not meet this goal, so please forgive me when I don’t.
The name of this blog stems from my love of fantasy and also my love for Jesus. The term “swordmaiden” comes from one of my favorite series ever, The Door Within trilogy by Wayne Thomas Batson. I love the way that the battle against the enemy is allegorically depicted in these books, and those kinds of stories inspire me to take up my sword and look to my King for strength as I live this life for his glory.
Please don’t hesitate to say “hi” in the comments! Thanks so much for reading!