Hello, everyone! Welcome to my little corner of cyberspace.
I’m Amelie, and I hail from the pleasant Midwest where it’s either ludicrously cold or torturously hot.
I created this blog in the spring of 2019 because I have always loved to write, and blogging is a way to exercise that interest. I hope that the words I pen (well, type) are pleasurable to read.
Here are a few more things about me that you might be interested in knowing:
- Although I don’t deserve it, Jesus is my King and Savior. He loved and saved me when I was his enemy, and I desire to honor him in every area of my life.
- I’m a lifelong homeschooler (class of ’22).
- Books are some of my favorite things in the world. (My name could be found next to “bibliophile” in the dictionary. Ask anyone who knows me.) My favorite authors include J.R.R. Tolkien, N.D. Wilson, Kyle Robert Shultz, Andrew Peterson, Nadine Brandes, Gillian Bronte Adams, C.S. Lewis, Lindsay A. Franklin, Jane Austen, Kara Swanson, Jaquelle Crowe Ferris, Gary D. Schmidt, Wayne Thomas Batson, and W.R. Gingell. (If you want to talk about books or ask for book recommendations, I’m always up for that.) I love supporting authors, especially indie authors.
- I’m also always up for a conversation about The Lord of the Rings, the Afterverse, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Star Wars, Narnia, or any other film/book/audio drama fandoms I may be a part of. (Speculative fiction is by far my favorite book/movie genre, although I love many other genres, as well.)
- Becoming an author is one of my oldest dreams. I love brainstorming and writing novels, short stories/novelettes, free-verse poetry, and occasionally fanfiction, and I’m a member of the Young Writer’s Workshop (YWW/YDubs).
- I’m definitely an introvert (although I probably don’t always seem like one online). I’m not excessively shy, but I do need my recharge time. Most often, that takes the form of reading, writing, listening to music, watching a movie, or gazing at the masterpiece that is the sky.
- Learning new words is a casual hobby of mine, and when I learn them, I try to use those new words in conversation as much as possible.
- Some other favorites: theology, rain, clouds, stars, chocolate, autumn and winter, biscuits, the United Kingdom, movie soundtracks, Goodreads, lists, apple pie, coffee and tea, calligraphy pens, sunrises and sunsets, thunderstorms, wholesome conversations, singing, music (especially Andrew Peterson, the Gettys, and CityAlight)
Here on Swordmaiden of the King, I write about books, faith, life, and more (with a healthy dose of fangirling thrown in). I try to publish a post about once a week. However, because I am a journeyer in these little adventures called “life” and “high school,” I tend to post more sporadically during the school year and other busy times.
The name of this blog stems from my love of Jesus and also my love of speculative fiction. The term “swordmaiden” comes from the The Door Within trilogy by Wayne Thomas Batson, one of my first fantasy fandoms. I love the way that the battle against evil is allegorically depicted in that trilogy, and those kinds of stories inspire me to take up my sword and look to my King for strength as I live this life for his glory.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you stay awhile. Please don’t hesitate to say hi in the comments!